Raffle to benefit American Friends of the Louvre: Four-night stay at the spectacular Big Hat Ranch in Cody, Wyoming
American Friends of the Louvre is pleased to announce that it is holding a raffle on June 24th to support its fundraising goals and to generate excitement for its gala in New York on November 9 of this year. The lucky winner and their guests will enjoy an exclusive and unforgettable four-night stay at the breathtaking ranch of Naoma Tate, longtime AFL donor.
Nestled in the Absaroka mountains, just east of Yellowstone National Park, Big Hat Ranch is a beautiful and private hideaway and a showplace for elegant western living. Here, you can unwind and experience the beauty of the American West and learn about its history.
The nearby town of Cody was founded in 1896 by Colonel William F. “Buffalo Bill” Cody, who passed through the region in the 1870s. He was so impressed by the possibilities of this untouched land that he returned in the mid-1890s to start a town. He brought with him men whose names still adorn street signs in Cody’s downtown area: Beck, Alger, Rumsey, Bleistein, and Salsbury.
Today, Cody celebrates its pioneer history at the Buffalo Bill Center of the West with five world class museums under one 50,000 sq. ft. roof. From the legendary history of Bufallo Bill and the cowboy and Plains Indian cultures to the art of the great western masters and more, the museums will take you back in time. Cowboy legacy is also very present in the culture of rodeo, a tradition started by Buffalo Bill with his Wild West Show over 100 years ago. Since then, the Cody Nite Rodeo and Cody Stampede Rodeo, held annually, have been focal points of summers in Wyoming.
Big Hat Ranch Raffle offer includes:
- Four cabins accommodating a maximum of 8 guests for four nights: Cabins are carefully equipped and stocked with food for breakfast and snacks.
- A delicious welcome dinner, including cocktail service
- Myriad of outdoor activities: You can enjoy guided horseback trail rides, fly fishing, trap skeet shooting, hiking, or just relaxing by the pool and hot tub.
- A night of drinks, dinner, and dancing at Cassie’s Supper Club: Cassie’s, one of the best steakhouses in the West, has been a Cody hot spot since it opened in 1922.
- Behind-the-scenes VIP tour of the world-renowned Buffalo Bill Center of the West, a Smithsonian Affiliate: Explore the Wild West with museums on Plains Indian culture, Western art, Yellowstone, firearms, and of course, the legend that is Buffalo Bill.
- Tickets to experience Cody Nite Rodeo: Attend the longest-running and the only nightly Rodeo in the world!
- Ample leisure time to shop in Cody, and visit Yellowstone National Park
- Escort to and from the airport
To purchase raffle tickets, please contact Constance Barut at 917.755.8706 or cbarut@localhost
$500 per ticket
DEADLINE: June 23, 2020
For a price of $500, you may purchase a raffle ticket for the opportunity to win this exciting four-night stay at Big Hat Ranch. Only 100 tickets are available. All proceeds support American Friends of the Louvre and the winner will be selected and announced on June 24 at the AFL Office in the presence of Christopher Forbes, Chairman of the Board of Directors. You do not have to be present to win. Tickets are not tax deductible and price value is estimated at $12,500. Winnings are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash. Airfare and other elective costs are not included. Bookings in 2020 and 2021 are subject to availability and blackout dates may apply.